Be an ambassador
Being a U.PortoALUMNI Ambassador is an opportunity to be a part of the success of the University of Porto (U.Porto), promoting, disseminating and representing the University with your national and international contacts. It is also a way for U.Porto ALUMNI to demonstrate their appreciation for the skills acquired during their studies, be it at the curricular or extracurricular level — and a chance to show their pride in being a part of the best University in the country. Meet the Ambassadors and learn how you can join this international network of excellence:
Who can become a U.Porto Ambassador
Any U.Porto alumnus or alumna, as well as foreign students who completed a mobility period at U.Porto.
What a U.Porto Ambassador can do
Each applicant to become a U.Porto Ambassador should choose at least one of the ambassador profiles described below, according to availability, experience and interest. Choosing a given profile does not mean you cannot be involved or develop activities in other areas.
Being a University Ambassador abroad:
- Establishing a bridge between U.Porto and the local community in your current or former country/city of residence.
- Promoting U.Porto with employers, increasing the chance for collaboration and partnership in Research, Development & Innovation (RDI), employment (recruiting graduates, offering internships or writing dissertations in a corporate setting) and entrepreneurship.
- Helping to identify other U.Porto ALUMNI living in your current or former country/city of residence.
- Establishing and promoting a network of contacts and communication with the Portuguese students and/or researchers who are studying and/or working in your current or former country/city of residence.
- Being a contact point to support welcoming and integrating U.Porto's new students and graduates.
- Developing a mentorship network to help final year undergraduates enter the job market and promote opportunities for employment or internships.
- Ambassador for National or International Events:
- Designing and organizing events in your field, in your city or country of residence.
- Designing and organizing or supporting the organization of alumni social meetings and networking in your city or country of residence.
- Sharing events and activities organized and/or promoted by U.Porto within your contact network.
Advantages and benefits of becoming an Ambassador
The experience acquired in these activities, together with the personal satisfaction derived from contributing to building the future of your University is the major benefit your involvement will provide. There are, however, additional benefits:
- Your recognition and visibility, because of your involvement in the programme, through mentions in the media and the U.Porto dissemination network.
- The widening of your personal contacts network and the improvement of your networking skills, namely through contact with other ambassadors (both national and international) in the ALUMNI network.
- Sharing ideas and best practices.
- Developing new organizational and social skills.
- Improving your CV.
- How you can become a U.PortoALUMNI Ambassador
- To apply to become a U.PortoALUMNI Ambassador, please complete the following steps:
- Register/Update your Personal Information as a U.Porto ALUMNI (only for Alumni)
- Join the LinkedIn Group "Universidade do Porto ALUMNI" (University of Porto ALUMNI)
- Sign up as a "U.Porto ALUMNI Ambassador" (only for Alumni)
- Sign up as a "U.Porto Ambassador" (only for Foreign Exchange Students)
- U.Porto ALUMNI can also assist in equally important areas:
- Promoting the "Universidade do Porto Alumni" (University of Porto Alumni) group on LinkedIn.
- Recruiting new group members
- Suggesting other activities that might be of interest to the University of Porto ALUMNI community.
For further information, contact the U.Porto ALUMNI Office.